- RSS Channel Showcase 2182200
- RSS Channel Showcase 4386656
- RSS Channel Showcase 2095664
- RSS Channel Showcase 2247223
Articles on this Page
- 02/13/15--07:10: _J. Walter Thompson’...
- 02/15/15--07:47: _Softube Transient S...
- 02/16/15--07:51: _Composer Jóhann Jóh...
- 02/18/15--07:32: _Analogue Solutions ...
- 02/19/15--07:19: _Chung King Studios ...
- 02/20/15--07:24: _Waves Releases dbx ...
- 02/21/15--08:01: _Slate Digital Launc...
- 02/23/15--07:43: _Recording Studio Sw...
- 02/24/15--07:30: _Warner/Chappell Pro...
- 02/25/15--07:24: _Boz Digital Lab’s +...
- 02/26/15--06:30: _NYC Event: “Who You...
- 02/28/15--07:18: _Arturia Announces K...
- 03/03/15--09:30: _Max Out Your Mix: 3...
- 03/03/15--14:37: _Universal Audio Rel...
- 03/04/15--18:49: _Focusrite Launches ...
- 03/05/15--08:45: _Heavy Music at Home...
- 03/08/15--07:55: _VT Event: Guilford ...
- 03/09/15--07:09: _Master Plan: Joe La...
- 03/10/15--07:45: _Music House Moves: ...
- 03/11/15--07:09: _Cakewalk Launches “...
- 02/15/15--07:47: Softube Transient Shaper Plug-In Released
- 02/18/15--07:32: Analogue Solutions Announces Nyborg-12 Monosynth Module
- 02/20/15--07:24: Waves Releases dbx 160 Compressor/Limiter Plug-In
- 02/25/15--07:24: Boz Digital Lab’s +10db – A Big Review of a Mixing Plugin
- 02/28/15--07:18: Arturia Announces KeyLab 88 MIDI Keyboard Controller
- 03/03/15--09:30: Max Out Your Mix: 3 Essential Tips For Mixing with Samples
- 03/03/15--14:37: Universal Audio Releases UAD Software v8.0
- 03/05/15--08:45: Heavy Music at Home with Sanford Parker
- 03/09/15--07:09: Master Plan: Joe Lambert Mastering – Jersey City, NJ
It’s very satisfying to see the good guys get ahead.
Softube first previewed their Transient Shaper last month at NAMM 2015. With the announcement of the official release, users will get to experience their dual-band transient shaper that can effect bass, treble, or both.
The crossover is user-defined between 100Hz and 4000Hz, with 700 as the default. Actual shaping controls … Read More
Jóhann Jóhannsson is on a roll – of a different sort. The circular motion of the imagery in the brilliant film that he scored, The Theory of Everything, inspired the spherical structures of the unforgettable music he created for it.
Developed by UK-based Analogue Solutions, Nyborg-12 couples the monophonic synthesizer with their SEM 12dB/octave multimode filter. The filter’s design is inspired from Tom Oberheim’s original 1974 SEM (Synthesizer Expander Module) synth.
As Analogue Solutions expresses, their sound’s difference lies in the ‘real analogue voice and modulation circuits’ that other … Read More
Chung King Studios has closed – again. And with John King’s exit from 36 West 37th Street, comes a new chapter for this coveted space.
On Friday the 13th of … Read More
Flash back to the 70s when artists like David Bowie and Led Zeplin were topping the charts with tracks mixed and produced by Eddie Kramer. One of his go-to pieces of outboard gear? The original dbx 160 compressor. This widely used compressor of yesteryear has now been modeled by … Read More
One plus five=2.0.
Now you can endow your DAW with a … Read More
Shed your skin, begin again.
It happens everywhere in nature, and as it turns out, in Brooklyn too. At Transmitter Park Studio, the renewal was only clear to owner Abe Seiferth and his crew after they wrought major changes to their airy Greenpoint facility and made a discovery: This was … Read More
There are always new twists on music licensing – just ask Warner/Chappell Production Music.
The company’s fresh spin comes via its just-launched Artist Series, providing music supervisors, producers, and creative directors with full access to GRAMMY-winner Peter Frampton’s 2014 album Hummingbird in a Box.
A friend of mine in the mixing/producing game refuses to use anything but the Waves CLA 76 on his vocal chain. Even though he believes other emulations of the famed hardware piece trounce the CLA—the UAD versions, the Softube mod found within Guitar Rig 5’s suite, the emulation issued with … Read More
Calling all composers in the trenches! Here’s an extra dose of survival skills.
Originally making its debut at Musikmesse 2014 in Germany, Arturia’s KeyLab 88 is now gracing us with its presence stateside. The Keylab 88 is a high-end MIDI instrument for tech savvy pianists who won’t settle for anything less than weighted keys with hammer action of a Steinway.
Sampling is amazing for making songs sound huge: you’re taking parts of an already mixed and mastered song and putting it into your own.
From a production standpoint it opens up a world of possibilities, but from a mixing standpoint it can open up a can of worms. Here are … Read More
Three decades of audio innovation is a fine excuse to throw a party.
Sanford Parker has been a go-to engineer in Chicago’s heavy music scene since the turn of the millennium, producing bands such as Yob, Indian, and Corrections House. As the stress and liability of co-owning a commercial studio becoming more trouble than it was worth, Sanford decided to go freelance, recording … Read More
If you’ve been craving an excuse to escape to the Green Mountain State, allow us to present the perfect reason:
Making a move is something Joe Lambert knows how to do – in more ways than one.
Lambert went solo in 2008, after a decade plus of mastering at bigger NYC houses. Hanging out his own shingle as Joe Lambert Mastering was a risk, but one that’s paid off as … Read More
Bring fourth the personnel changes at Elias Arts.
There’s been a quartet of additions and promotions at the bicoastal music shop, which has added Joey Netter … Read More